Top 5 Vitamin D supplements in Ireland
By The Headlines, June 24, 2023 | 10:21 AM
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that helps with calcium and phosphorus absorption, bone health, and muscular growth and development.
It is also known as the sunshine vitamin because your skin cells spontaneously manufacture it in reaction to sun exposure.
Because vitamin D is present naturally in only a few foods, it might be challenging to achieve your needs alone via diet.
What is the purpose of vitamin D?
- Vitamin D is a necessary substance that is important in many facets of health.
- Vitamin D, in particular, promotes calcium absorption, which is required for strong and healthy bones.
- It also controls immunological function. In fact, a lack of vitamin D may increase vulnerability to infections and autoimmune illnesses.
- Many chronic diseases, including heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and obesity, have been related to vitamin D insufficiency.
To determine how vitamin D may influence these disorders and whether supplementation may be useful.
Good sources of vitamin D
Most people should be able to obtain all of their vitamin D requirements through sunshine from around late March to the end of September.
When outdoors, exposure to direct sunshine on the skin produces vitamin D in the body.
However, we do not acquire enough vitamin D from sunshine between late October and early March.
A select few foods also contain vitamin D.
- Oily fish – such as salmon, sardines, herring and mackerel
- Red meat
- Egg yolks
- Fortified foods – such as some fat spreads and breakfast cereals
- Another source of vitamin D is dietary supplements.
Here are the top 5 Vitamin D supplements
Sona D1000 provides 1000IU of Vitamin D3 per tablet. Vitamin D is important for the maintenance of normal bones and teeth, cell division and normal muscle function.
Active Immune is specifically intended to aid in the maintenance of a healthy immune system. Our high-potency solution contains high-potency Vitamin D, as well as Vitamin C and Zinc.
Solgar Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 2200 IU Vegetable Capsules is a premium formula delivering vitamin D in the form that is easiest to use by the body. Supporting optimal well-being, the benefits of the sunshine vitamin are numerous and well documented, but particularly for immune and bone health.
Berocca Immuno 30s contains 11 vitamins and minerals, including high doses of Vitamin C and D. Vitamin A, vitamin B9, Zinc, Copper, Iron & Selenium which help support the immune system. Also contains vitamins B6 and B12 to help support energy release and reduce tiredness and fatigue.
Mylan Vitamin D 2000IU contributes to normal bones, normal function of the immune system and maintenance of normal muscle function.