Dublin Airport – DAA’s improvement plan after multiple Security Gaps
By The Headlines, March 29, 2023 | 04:44 PM
Dublin Airport is introducing a 15-point improvement plan to enhance the experience of its passengers. This includes minimizing delays, ensuring the comfort of travellers, improving access to information and more. All these measures are aimed at providing a better experience for customers.
- Strong Security: Most travellers can clear security in a speedy 20 minutes or less, which accounts for 90% of people.
- Cleaner Washrooms: An increased focus on hygiene and cleanliness will be implemented this summer, with 1,500 cleaning hours and 120 inspections every day in both terminals.
- More Seating: To address the rising demand, 400 additional seats have been added to the airports' terminals.
- New Family Seating Zones: Terminal 1 has designated sections to provide more comfortable seating options to families travelling together.
- Faster FREE Wi-Fi: To revolutionize air travel, terminals are set to upgrade the Wi-Fi connectivity speeds by double in 2023. This will provide a greater internet experience for travellers and make life easier at the airports.
- Better Fast Track: Terminal 1 Security Fast Track is getting an entire makeover, with a revamped design & atmosphere.
- More Charging Points: We have increased the number of power sockets and USB ports for passengers by 20%. All the existing outlets have been thoroughly inspected and replaced if necessary.
- Less Clutter: By clearing out the clutter, your travel experience is now quicker and more streamlined than ever before. Both terminals have been designed to make your travels easier and faster.
- Better Customer Service: To ensure the effectiveness of various departments, making sure that there is always adequate staffing in key areas is essential.
- Better Taxi Experience: A 20% uptick in the number of permits granted has been observed.
- More Bus Options: A 15% surge in active bus routes has been seen recently.
- More Food Options: There will be exciting new choices when it comes to food and beverage, with five eateries offering something special this summer. Plus, there will be a pop-up coffee unit serving up drinks all season long. Plus, take advantage of delicious meal deals from our partners - get ready for some great treats coming your way!
- More Sustainable: To reduce our ecological footprint, we are significantly enhancing the number of Low Emission Vehicles (LEVs) in our light vehicle fleet - with a 70% increase from last year.
- New ways to shop: Collection lockers are now available, making it simpler for customers to shop and collect their goods at any time that suits them. This feature provides more flexibility to shoppers.
- Better App: This summer, Dublin Airport is launching a Rate My Airport feature on their app. This will enable passengers to provide feedback regarding their airport experience in real time.