Over €5 million funds announced for Ireland West Airport Knock
By The Headlines, March 30, 2023 | 07:44 PM
Ireland West Airport will receive €5 million in capital funding under the Regional Airports Programme 2021-2025.
Minister of State Dara Calleary has confirmed this announcement to Midwest News.
This year, the Programme will provide backing for several major safety and security-related initiatives, including:
- The entire airport facility requires an upgrade of its electrical infrastructure to ensure reliable and efficient performance.
- Runway End Safety Area works
- Upgrade in the Fire Tender Vehicle
- The implementation of X-Ray & Security Screening Systems for baggage has been widely adopted due to their efficacy in ensuring the safety of travellers.
- Installing new, cutting-edge Central Search Security Equipment to ensure maximum security.
The airport is committing €1 million to the completion of these projects in addition to the exchequer funding announced today.
This year, one of the primary security tasks will be installing a modern passenger screening system. This is an important step in the security protocol as part of this programme.